Choose to be happy, always.
We are here to live life, not just to exist. In as much as you tend to make the world a better place, don’t lose yourself in the process. If you don’t take care of you, who will?
Just because you want to be professional doesn’t mean you should not have fun.
Live life fully at all times, no day off (Less than100% isn’t enough).
- Do what makes you happy, regardless of what that will be, or what people think of you, as long as it doesn’t harm others (Truly harm).
- You are your own person, period. No one will have your back at all times, so if you don’t have your back you are doomed.
- You are responsible for your life and no one else. If you don’t do the things that make you happy, don’t expect someone else to make you happy.
- Don’t let people ruin your life and steal your joy by telling you, you are being unprofessional because you do the things you love to do. That is the worst advice you will ever take.
- There’s no way you will do anything that everyone will like, however those that LOVE YOU, CARE FOR YOU, RESPECT YOU, will always understand you.
- Never, ever try to impress people. In fact, the only way to impress people is to never try to impress them. You will only exhaust yourself when you try.
Lastly, being happy doesn’t mean you should ruin other people’s lives, BE CAREFUL.
Life is all about balance, remember that.
- Know when to have FUN, but know when to be SERIOUS.
- Know when to laugh AT, WITH, ABOUT People and Things.
- Know when to make JOKES, but know when to be PROFESSIONAL.
- Know when to RECEIVE but know when to GIVE.
- Know when to HELP, but know when to GET HELP.
- Know when to say YES, but know when to say NO.
- Know when to KEEP GOING, but know when to take a BREAK.
- Know when to FORGIVE, but know when to LEARN.
- Know when to keep HOLDING ON, but know when to LET GO.
- KNOW WHEN TO MAKE OTHER PEOPLE HAPPY, BUT KNOW YOUR OWN HAPPINESS IS YOUR TOP PRIORITY.
You cannot give what you don’t have. Help yourself, and then help others.
Fill your cup, and share the overflow with others.
If you don’t believe what I am telling you, that’s your own problem.
But I believe in everything I am telling you, because I am my top priority, and everyone else is second.
If being weird makes you happy, then be weird, stay weird.
Do the things that make you HAPPY, and be SHAMELESS while you do it.
It is your choice to be happy or make everyone else happy but you.
Find your Happiness.
People are always asking, “How can I be happy?”
However, is that the right question to ask? I believe it will be much better if you ask yourself, “Why am I sad?” because happiness is always there. So knowing why you are sad will help you find your lost happiness.
One thing for sure, everyone has happiness within them. However, we often let sadness overcome our happiness, and for us to get our happiness back we need to know “WHY WE ARE SAD”
For you to know where you are going or where you want to go, you first have to know where you have been.
Look around you, the people, and places, the things that make you sad and get them out of your life. They say you cannot choose your family (that is true), however, you can choose your friends. The people you hang around with, the people you seek advice from, and most of all the people and things you believe in. These things affect and influence your life, consciously, and subconsciously.
After knowing all the things you need to get out of your life you should start working on managing your life. Set some positive rules for your life, apply those rules daily in everything you do, and if for any reason you fail to apply them, don’t be hard on yourself but also don’t be too easy on yourself. Whenever you want to apply something new in your life it is going to be hard, like it or not. That is why you don’t have to feel sorry for yourself because the more you feel sorry for yourself the more you will become weak, and that will stop you from progressing. So, build consistency in everything you do.
This article has not been revised since publication.
This post was created by Bashiru Mansaray on 3 August 2020.